Aug 2, 2005

"When Marriages Go Wrong"

I'm sorry to inform all of you by way of this blog, but Pattye has filed for divorce. She said that she has given everything that she could to try and make the marriage work, but she just got tired of banging her head against the wall day in and day out, and things just seemed to get worse.
She's not bitter. Although I am.
She knows that she has always been honest. She has never cheated. She has never lied.
She and I have both worked at it day and night for over 10 years.
She says she had her good times and has no regrets.
She wants to remain friends but I don't.
She has a lot of memories and memorabilia and has made a lot of friends during the marriage.
She just wants to go on with her life.
She wants a new beginning. Me too.
Times change and what seemed like a great marriage at one point in time, suddenly finds you unable to speak with each other.
Everything becomes an adversarial relationship.
She has received some notes from people and has been told that she is making the right decision.
They wish they had the courage to do what she has done.
But I know she'll survive.
I know that she will be a happier person and get to enjoy a life that she richly deserves.
And, I know I'll be right beside her all of the time.
............Oh, she's not getting the divorce from me. No, I hope I didn't confuse you.
Pattye has decided to leave the Dallas Morning News.
Her relationship will end on a professional note.
She doesn't want me to voice my anger in this blog and I will respect her wishes.
She will always remain a honest, dedicated and forgiving person.
I wish I could say the same for myself. I am honest and dedicated but no, I can't forgive. I guess I don't have the character that she does.
She's the best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are classy!
You will be missed!
Best Wishes!
Hope to see yall down the road.
DGoss

Anonymous said...

Good one. I'm glad it wasn't what I thought you were talking about.

There's nothing wrong with a fresh start. As far as we know, we only get one life. You may as well enjoy it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.