Aug 19, 2005

"Geez, I Don't Know.................."

Someone asked me the other day how my time will be spent in the near future as a new chapter begins with Pattye and my career changes. Well, I did my classic, safe, non-committal answer. Hhhhhhmmm. I don't know.
I guess people have thought of me as somewhat of a planner. A well organized, set out your clothes for tomorrow, put the coffee on automatic brew kind of guy.
Well, that is me, but I don't do more than a day, well, maybe 1/2 day, or at least couple of hours in advance. That's still planning isn't it? Well, I have good intentions.
My late, inspiration-filled, knew- me -better than anyone, mother always had an expression for that kind of behavior. "The road to hell (but she would never use that word) is filled with good intentions."
I have a whole laundry list, that's not a cliche because laundry is on there as well, of things that I need to do, but somewhere between midnight when I get up and oh, lets say 8:00 AM, I get a little sidetracked.
I start off focused. My intentions are sound. I even have a planner/calendar on my desktop with whistles and bells to remind me to do things. Hhhhmmm, I just checked it and it said that I haven't put anything on there in about six months and I don't have any thing planned at all for the future.
See, right there. I got sidetracked. I was talking about being focused and what did I do? I had to go check my calendar.
Okay, where was I? Oh yeah, planning.
As I was saying, I start off focused and the next thing I know I am off on another project.
Once again, planning.
First thing I know that we are going to do is take a well deserved vacation. Probably back down to the Hill Country. It's our favorite place with wide open spaces, occasionally dotted with twisted, sprawling mesquite bushes, low growing cedars, and hundreds of deer. Several rivers flow through the area with a deep blue crystal clear water that you can easily spot several different types of fish, some of which must be 15 to 20 pounds.
We plan on making this a working vacation as well.
You didn't think we would actually just rest the whole time did you?
When I say working though it will be fun work, and I don't consider that an oxymoron. Work is fun for us.
We'll be spending time buying inventory at many of the small town trade fairs in order to replenish our stock for Gathering Eggs , which is where Pattye will be hanging her hat for the remainder of her working years.
Any other plans for me are too numerous to think of at this time. I get tired-head just trying to think of what I have to do.
One thing I know for sure. My plans will be to continue to post to this blog. Work on my novel. And, read. There that's planning. As a matter of fact I think that is some pretty good planning. I think I'll just put that on my calendar right now.
Blog, write and read. My god, I have just become organized!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tired Head!
That is something I haven't heard in awhile..."Stop already, you're giving me tired head!"
That sure sounds like a fun vacation; driving around to small towns hitting the antique fairs.
Enjoy your time, because before you know it, you will be back in your Manic phase...
(And write down those IDEAS), LOL
Love ya Tom!