Aug 9, 2005

"Do you wanna read something really scary?"

Let me preface by saying that the supernatural really spooks me. I don't read horoscopes, I don't like to watch movies about psychics , hell, I am even scared of reading fortune cookies. It's probably the catholic upbringing and all of the stories about the devil.
I remember when I saw The Exorcist the first time. I was in Hobbs, N.M. on a business trip. I was staying at a Holiday Inn downtown and walked to the local theater. After the movie, I ran back to my hotel room, chanting "Hail Marys" and slept with all of the lights on in the room.
Well yesterday while I was at work at one of my pool customers, I lost my balance and fell down a couple of steps. I am usually very cautious but it was just "something" that caused me to fall.
After picking myself up and checking for any broken bones and wiping off a little blood, I resumed working. A few minutes later, I got a call from the person who promised to love, honor and bandage my wounds and what she told me just about sent me to the closest church.
At the exact same moment, Pattye was moving some boxes and she fell over backwards for some unexplained reason. She wasn't injured but just couldn't understand why it happened.
When I told her about my fall she said maybe she was trying to catch me.
Coincidence? I don't think so.
My crazy imagination? Probably not.
That special bond between people that causes them to think the same thoughts? You tell me.
It didn't scare me enough to start wearing garlic around my neck, but it reinforced those thoughts about not reading fortune cookies.
Man..........I hate when that happens

No comments: