Aug 15, 2005

Writing is like making love to a woman

How many times have you sent an e-mail and wish you could have a do-over? How about sending an e-mail when you wanted to "Forward" it and instead hit the"Reply"button.
Has e-mail replaced letter writing? I think it has. And it has eroded our minds to a point that we do not think about what we are saying. And now, instant messaging has magnified the problem.
What has happened to letter writing?
Writing letters can convey passion.
Writing letters can be intimate
Writing letters rarely leaves the recipient confused about the intention of the message.
Are writing blogs the same as writing letters?
I believe they are, unless you become in such a hurry to see your "masterpiece" posted for all of the world to see that you don't take the time to understand how your work will be interpreted.
Don't fool yourself.
Writing is an art. It takes passion. It's like making love to a woman.
It's not wham, bam thank you maam.
I'm learning to write. I'm learning to make love out of words.
I'm only at my first kiss and I am fumbling trying to become a lover.
I use the wrong words. I say the wrong things at the wrong time. But I am learning.
Writing and love-making, one in the same.
And with writing you can even smoke during the act instead of waiting until you are finished.

No comments: