Jun 28, 2020

"Tommyboy, the decisions you make will always be yours, all I do is provide you the opportunity"...God



As I prepare to bid goodbye  to my childhood home, Dayton, Ohio I again thank all of those who continue to help make my life the most blessed of all. And, of course my brother and his wife for graciously inviting me to stay with them but also indulging me and my peculiar oddities. If anyone would care to know what those oddities are, well, then you can invite me to spend a few days with you as well, especially those of you in Hawaii.

The days here gave me a chance to put things in perspective and isn't that what life is really all about...our perception of how things are around us.

For four consecutive days, I've continued to write and share my stories with you. This is something that has been missing from my life as I desperately struggled to regain the confidence to put down on paper my interpretations and open myself up for criticism, my worst enemy. But here I am and I hope I keep the feeling deep in my soul.

Something I began to do about two years ago was express my thoughts with my "Conversations with God". I developed the format while sitting at my favorite and favorites, South Padre Island. It's there where after a lifetime of silence, I heard His voice once again and we chatted and texted and in some instances brought some peace and even humor into other  people's lives.

So, I'll share a brief conversation we had early this morning..

GOD: So Tommy, hangin' out in Dayton, I see. Any news to report?

ME:  Hey Buddy. Well, it's just like you told me it would be.I got my head-brain all cleared out and I'm at peace. How do you know all of this stuff, anyway.

GOD: Dang it, Tommy. I built the place and you know that. You know I gave you the playground and all of the fixin's and opened the gate and said, have at it.

ME: I know, I was just funnin' with you. I have a question though. Why is it that you let people do what they want to do, even when they tear the place up. I mean it's YOUR house and all, I'd kick somebody's butt if they came into my house and threw stuff all around and didn't put the lid down on the toilet. Why do you let that happen?

GOD: Tommy, as I said many times before. All I do is give you a place to either have fun or raise h***. It has always been your decision. There's a few rules that have to be followed, ten exact, and if you choose to follow them, well, there will be even a greater and more wonderful place I'll invite you to visit. But, the choice will always be yours.

ME: By the way, on another subject. I wanted to thank you once again for findin' me that cool place to live now. You know, The Overture down in Texas. I'm havin' fun down there. You need to come visit some of the wonderful people I have met.

GOD: Tommy,  I have met all of them, and yes they are wonderful people. But what about those friends of yours who are deep in despair and haven't found the peace that you and your friends have found. What about the ones who haven't been able to make the choice of transitioning out of their now lonely homes and finding a group of friends like you have found.

ME: Wow, GOD, there you go again, opening my dang eyes up to help people in need. YOU really know how to run this Universe thing. YOU'RE right. I've got some friends that need my advice, or rather YOUR advice and I'm going to do something about it. So many people have good wonderful years left in their lives and I think with a little help from YOU and me, we might be able to make it happen. I'm tellin' you, GOD, you are one smart dude.

GOD: No Tommy, you're the smart dude for opening your heart up and be willing to have these conversations with ME. Okay, get your butt in gear. You have a plane to catch and some people to save. Glad you took the time to talk with ME again. Catch ya' later.

ME: Thanks GOD. And thanks again for always being there when I need you. Peace.

GOD: Okay, Tommy. Be safe and quit bein' so dang stubborn about refusin' to wear a mask. I haven't invested this much time and effort in you to have you doin' something stupid and joining me way before your time to get here. And quit forgettin' to zip up and tie your shoes, your Mom taught you better than that. By the way, she says, "Hi", and is real proud of how you're comin' along.

No comments: