Jun 26, 2020

Stardate 98084.47 Georef Latitude:39.779334 N Longitude -84.032211 W



One of the many exciting occurrences that happens during my infrequent visits to my hometown of Dayton, Ohio is the stimulus I receive (not to be confused with the $$ stimulus those of us making < 90 K last year received this past March) from my oldest brother, David. After 25 years in the U. S. Air Force serving in so many capacities that included the ones where he uses the cliche' "if I told you what I did, I would have to eliminate you", to teaching in the Biomedical Engineering Dept of Wright State Univ., he is always challenging me to use my head-brain. And yes. he does accept head-brain as part of my vocabulary.

We were both up at 4:00 AM this morning, which if any one of you would have taken the time out to decipher the Stardate in the title to this blog, you would have known that.

Early morning has always been my zenith for creativity whether it be writing, tinkering, reading or just plain thinking. Apparently it is his trait as well, since he was busily completing the daily Suducko hours before the sun comes up

This morning our discussions included topics on Geo Referencing, Raspberry Pi code, flatulence (he does have a sense of humor) and ten or fifteen other items. While we talked my eyes searched his office/laboratory for any new gizmos or gadgets that he might have acquired since my last visit. I spotted a clock on the wall and realized that,"Yep, that is an item of intrigue"and inquired about it. He said it was a present from his daughter, my niece Kimberly, a genius in her own right.

As you can see it is not just a clock but it too is a mind simulator. I know in visiting with Kim over the years that she too was always challenged to think and use her head-brain as well.

The next few days will rush by and I'll return to my new "digs" back in Texas, which by the way is in Fairview, Tx. and any of you who knew me in my youth will be surprised at that full circle of  address connections as well. My head-brain will be stimulated to accomplish any challenge before me as I feel the desire to write, think and solve many of the mysteries of this complicated world.

So much to share, so much to do,  so much stimulation I have to get moving. It's going to be yet another day in Paradise.

Oh, one quick note before I leave you all for the day.

I made it a point to visit my parents grave site yesterday. It took me almost an hour to locate it even after receiving directions from the cemetery office. Apparently, I spelled or she misspelled my parents last name and was sent me off in the wrong direction. Fortunately a man operating a backhoe (don't ask) was able to help me out in finding the sacred ground.

I told Mom and Dad I was doing okay and it was good to be back in town. Mom told me to keep my feet planted on the ground and to never forget my roots. She smiled, I smiled and I felt the energy I had been searching for.

Peace

1 comment:

Eugene Taylor said...

I have the privilege of having joined this illustrious group when I married niece Kimberly some 15 years ago. It’s been and continues to be quite the adventure to be associated, and sometimes included, with such an interesting group of “thinkers”.