Oct 23, 2006

"Just when you think you have seen it all"


After raising 5 kids, and now have 3 grandkids, I felt like I had just about seen it all......Nope.
What Pattye and I saw at the grocery store Sunday morning tops it all. Here was this lady, young mother actually, who had two kids, probably ages 2 and 3 with about a half basket of groceries, some fresh fruit and vegetables and the rest canned goods and paper items.
She had made a direct line over to the service desk and was having a somewhat animated conversation with the Service Manager. She had one child, a boy, in one arm and a little girl standing next to her with her shoes off and holding them in her hand. It was a little chilly that morning and I was a little surprised to see the little girl holding her shoes.
I heard the Service Manager make a comment "that's OK, things happen. Don't worry about it."
I figured one of the kids must have broken something and it had gotten all over the food and probably on the little girl's footwear.
We continued to checkout when out of the corner of my eye, I saw the woman head for the parking lot in a pretty hurried fashion.
And then, I noticed the cause of all of the commotion.
Apparently the little girl was riding in the seat in the basket and she decided to relieve herself all over her pants and all over the fruit, vegetables, and other items.
It was too late to offer any assistance, thank God, as she made her way out of the store.
Pattye and I realized what had happened just about the same time and we both agreed that was one that had never happened to either of us.
Yep, just about when you think you have seen it all, something new pops up.

No comments: