Oct 19, 2006

"I'm sick and tired of idiots"

I'm so mad, I could spit!
Why??
This is why. This story out of Massachusetts, pretty much sums up what it happening in the world.

ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts (AP) -- Tag, you're out!
Officials at an elementary school south of Boston have banned kids from playing tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chase game during recess for fear they'll get hurt and hold the school liable.
Recess is "a time when accidents can happen," said Willett Elementary School Principal Gaylene Heppe, who approved the ban.
While there is no districtwide ban on contact sports during recess, local rules have been cropping up. Several school administrators around Attleboro, a city of about 45,000 residents, took aim at dodgeball a few years ago, saying it was exclusionary and dangerous.


Now don't get me wrong. I am in favor of protecting our children, but come on people. It's bad enough we have pedophiles in our Congress preying on kids. Sex offenders being released from prison after only serving a few months of their sentences (personally, I know how to solve that problem and it involves a sharp knife, or maybe better a dull knife), but not allowing kids to play at recess because they might get hurt, give me a break (no pun intended).
We wonder why our kids are obese. We wonder why are kids sit in the house all day playing on the computer. We wonder why our kids grow up and go to college and Mommy and Daddy have to call their professors and try to intimidate them to get a better grade.
You've read the stories. You've seen it on the news.
What in the hell have we become.
There were no better days in the Summer, or after school when we would go to the park and play baseball late into the evening. We could go on bike rides without any fear of being assaulted.
We would swim in lakes, walk in rivers, and share each other's Cokes.
Someone recently sent me an e-mail, I wish I still had it, listing all of the things we did as kids AND WE SURVIVED.
I am sick and tired of the people who enact laws and regulations that are not allowing kids to be kids.
It's time we started acting like parents, and let kids be like kids and take control back over our lives.
I'm sick of idiot school administrators, lying politicians, dumb-ass parents, .....etc.
I'm sick, sick, sick and pissed off.

No comments: