Mar 10, 2005

"I'd RATHER Not"

I tried, I tried, I tried, but I just can't let Dan Rather get away without one parting shot. Dan, these days you are simply just a talking head. That's it. No more, no less. And that goes for the rest of the "icons" out there. Anyone who has ever seen a live newscast, been on any kind of a set, around a radio booth, backstage in a theatre, knows these are just people. They put their pants on one leg at a time and they have the same bodily functions that you and I have. It doesn't come out in a paper bag. Don't get me wrong, I admire Dan for his work in the early years, much like I admire the thousands of other journalists who have risked life and limb to bring us the news. But it is the guys in the trenches, they're the ones who I respect. That's where Dan was at one time. When the curtain has fallen and the game is over. It's over. The anchors like all of the rest of the working stiffs in the world go home and live a real life.
After watching Bob Scheiffer during his first night. I think CBS might have a chance at getting their integrity back.

No comments: