Feb 11, 2018

Death and Tragedy....the two worst wake-up calls one can face



Sadly, today I share my heart with the passing of our fallen police officer in Richardson, Tx. this past week with the families and citizens of Westerville, Ohio,  who not only lost one, but two officers in the line of duty.

Tragedy in itself is enough to destroy a person's faith, but when accompanied with Death, the double blow may often result in a complete knockout of one's beliefs. The complete destruction of one's psyche as he or she tries to understand the whole purpose of this universe.

We live in a world of hate today, from both sides and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of you who continue to wave the red flags in each other's faces simply because of the political party they choose to belong to. I'm sick of the baiting of each other with bullshit stories in order to try and win your arguments.

I'm sick of the news people, the news editors, the news networks who will do anything, say anything to boost their ratings. As a matter of fact, for years I was a news junkie. I couldn't get enough of it. Now, I simply turn it off. I listen to music in the morning , during the day and evening. And no, I'm not burying my head in the sand, I'm simply turning off the lies, the deceit, the hate and the anger.

If you want to do something then contribute to your own well being. Contribute, not necessarily money, but of your time to bettering this world. Re-posting memes is not contributing. Can't you create your own thoughts? Meditate. Reflect. Exercise. Do something. Learn. Read. Write. Photography. Painting. Sing. Learn to play an instrument. Anything positive.

Ask anyone who is suffering from a terminal illness what they treasure most and it often will be "time".

People, your time is running out. Make the most of what you have left.

I have invested more time and energy in my latter years to right many of the wrongs I caused  in my younger life of destructive behavior and causing turmoil. I guess sometimes it takes certain people longer to grow up. So I'm asking you to take a reality check. Get your physical body in order. Get your mental body in order. Do the things that make a positive effect in this world, not the hate mongering. If you disagree with a person's point of view, then sit down with them and ask them to explain where they are coming from. Just don't call them fascists or bleeding hearts.

These tragedies are a wake up call. So please, wake the hell up and do something good.

And, as always, Peace, my brothers and sisters.

No comments: