Apr 30, 2017

Choices...The bane of my existence



I think that sometimes people think that I don't care about things because usually my opinion about something is simply "that's fine". I'm certainly interested in the subject, I'm impressed with the results, I like the finished product...and it's "just fine".

I'm not lazy. It's not that I don't want the best results. It's just that...well, I'm easily satisfied.

These thoughts came about this morning when I went to turn on the heater, oops furnace, since there was a significant drop in the temperature last night. I'm normally not in charge of things like setting the temperature,  Pattye handles that, so after I simply flipped the switch from OFF to HEAT, it dawned on her that I needed to change the temperature setting as well. We had just turned the AC on the day before when it was in the 90's... Welcome to Texas... And then I started thinking....which by the way is dangerous, "Why do we have a different setting for the summer and the winter?"

Now, please, don't give me all of the scientific facts about humditity and drafts through the house and blah, blah, blah. The answer is simple. We have too many choices in life. Period.

You wanna know what is really over-rated. The thing that has way too many choices. The 3-way bulb. Oh, I have one. Actually we have several in the house. The one I have on right now where I am typing is a 3-way bulb. Actually, it's a 2-way bulb right now and before long it will turn into a one-way bulb. And, then,  yep, and then after it goes out I'll buy another 3-way bulb. All I do is turn the knob and keep turning it until the light comes on and then keep turning it until the light goes off.

You know, I rarely even salt and pepper my food unless it is simply by habit. And what about those people who salt their food when they haven't even tasted it. WTH?.

And colors. What's up with that? We've got 8 colors in the rainbow and that's plenty.

A few years ago when I was designing websites for profits, I had some lady say to me "Tom, could you make the blue a little bluer?" Are you kidding me?. That's why I design them for free now, so I can simply say, "Nope".

I'm thinking, see there I go again, thinking...but I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with my supposed ADD or whatever it's called. Maybe, I'm happy making a choice and moving on. Or heck, maybe I am lazy. I don't know....Hmmm.. let me think, is the thermostat supposed to be 70 in the summer or the winter. I guess that's not my choice and I'm fine with that.



No comments: