Jul 23, 2009

What is it with women and packing?


Well, I'll probably catch hell for this.....but was is it with women and their packing to go on a short trip?

Now this could just be me or maybe it is a guy thing...or maybe it goes back to that Men = Hunters......Women = Gatherers.

When ever we go on a trip..I just count the number of days we will be gone and then I simply gather up the same number of underwear (blushing right now!).. the same number of pairs of socks....the same number of shirts and then 1/2 of the number of pants....any maybe one extra pair of shoes....Bing, bang...I done...""Honey, I'm ready to go"...Maybe it is because the men were the hunters and everything they needed they could carry on their back.

Women are the other hand need at least three different sets of clothes for each day...that means if you are gone 5 days...THAT'S 15 DIFFERENT SETS OF CLOTHES!

Now granted, I'm not the one doing the packing so I shouldn't be complaining....but I'm the one loading, unloading, loading and unloading the car each time we stay at a different location.....and God forbid, if I don't bring EVERYING into the room.

And me, hey...I got everything I need....right here in my one bag....I could stay out in the wilderness for a year with the few things that took me a few minutes to pack.

And even then that's not gonna be enough clothes for you because you are gonna buy shoes and shorts and this and that, which you probably could have found back home, but you saw it while you were on vacation and just had to have it.

Nope...I just like it simple and easy.

No comments: