Jul 25, 2009

Friends..........How many is enough?

Just how many friends does someone need? Me....I'll take just a few, just as long as they are my true friends.

With the emergence of Facebook or rather my emergence on Facebook....I never knew I had so many friends...I've got friends I have never met...I've got friends I haven't seen in forty years.....I've got friends that I don't want as friends (none of you of course!) I have imaginary friends..heck, I even have myself as a friend on Facebook...yep, little Skeeter.

I even created a place where friends, and friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends can go and we even have our own chat room and do make-believe stuff.

I've got friends I play (or rather Pattye plays) Mafia Wars with all of the time. Pattye says I'm doing real well by the way. I've got friends of friends of friends and I think I actually have a couple of friends of friends of friends of friends....Whew...my head is spinning.

I've got relatives on Facebook I didn't know I had. And, I've got friends of relatives that I didn't know I had. I've got a couple of movies stars, well kinda... like George Costanza as a friend...oops, just remembered he is imaginary. I have so many friends I just can't keep up with all of them.

I do have a lot of freinds from Fairview High School, I've got friends from college at OU. I've got friends of friends from OU and I've got friends of friends of friends from OU.

I've got friends that send me gifts, friends that throw food at me..I have friends that poke me and I poke them back....I have some friends that tell me too much, like what they are having for dinner...and I have friends that don't tell me enough. I have friends that are liberal (though not very many) and I have friends that are conservative...I have friends that are really witty. I have friends that I think are like REALLY unwitty. I have friends that review movies, and I have one friend who I think just sleeps all of the time.

And, I have friends that join me here....you are special friends cuz you take the time to see what I have to say.

And for that I am blessed, for without true friends you have nothing.

I sent a message to one my friends listed on Facebook and I told her that in my life...God is first, family is second, my country is third...but right after that are my friends..she liked that and so do I.

No comments: