Sep 2, 2005

"The Journey Begins......Day 1"

In staying with my new format, here is a song that should get your blood pumping as you read along. Click here for Music


Well, I did pretty good. I slept in until about 4:30 a.m., well kind of. I did wake up at 12:00 midnight, my normal time for the last umpteen years, but I rolled over and went back to sleep until about 2:00 a.m. and then got some coffee and then went back to sleep for a couple of more hours. It felt good. It felt real good, except I am definitely going to have to retrain by bladder, it's not used to such extended neglect.
You know, early morning is really the best time of day. There are just no interruptions. No phones ringing, no clogged cable connections, no sounds other than the occasional mockingbird (my arch enemy : see Mockingbird).
I dashed off a ton of e-mail to friends who have responded to our new journey. Completed a couple of surveys that have been gathering dust on my desk. Backed-up my hard drive. Deleted hundreds of old e-mails, well, deleted them from the deleted file. (I know that is a redundant system, but why do I have to reread the deleted items again after I deleted them the first time). Got my calendar/planner organized. Organized my CDs. Worked on my new blog format. Wrote a blog. Read on-line news. And then, it was only 6:00 a.m. Hmmmm, looks like this new found freedom is going to need a little adjustment.
We did have a chance to enjoy the sunrise though without a "beeper" going off telling us that someone didn't get their friggin crossword puzzle in their newspaper.
A couple of years ago we put in a water garden and I have never really taken the time to enjoy the truly relaxing setting but yesterday was different. I think I really relaxed.
The next couple of hours were spent makings lists of lists. You know you have your lists, but then you have to list those lists in order to get them in the correct priority.
Numero uno on the list is to get Pattye setup for full-time Gathering Eggs. We have dedicated 1/2 of the garage for her workshop. This meant going to my favorite store in the whole world, Home Depot, and buying supplies to make room for her.
Started cleaning out several boxes of "stuff" and found something that brought tears to my eyes. No, it wasn't my Honorable Discharge from the Air Force, or pictures that my kids had drawn for me. It was some old credit card receipts from 1978. One was for gasoline that showed that I had purchased 14.0 gallons for $8.40. If my math is correct that is $.60 a gallon. Whoa!!
This morning (at 3:00 a.m. I might add) I filled up for $2.95 a gallon and across the street it was $3.09 a gallon. Folks, it is going to get worse.
Well, the garage/workshop still needs a couple of more hours of work to get it finished and then I will move on to the next item on the list, which is, huh?, I already forgot.
After all that during Day 1, we still went to bed around 7:00 p.m. I guess this new time adjustment is going to take a little longer than I thought.

No comments: