Mar 11, 2017

The Game of Life...picking the right piece of chocolate

I've never turned down a challenge. It's not that I am super competitive it's just that well...I guess I need to always test myself. I never turn down a piece of chocolate either.

This so-called "game" that we are plunged into from the minute we are born...this "game of life"...well, I just don't like some of the rules. I realize I can't always have it my way, but even still, I guess I am stuck with the hand I was dealt. We all are.

I didn't have a choice in the matter of being born. And, I truly believe it's not my first rodeo and it won't be my last. Each time I come back, it seems like the easier it gets, the harder it gets.

Each day  I witness friends holding onto dear life as they put their bodies through horrible pain, filling their human vessels with poisons in order to remove the other poisons so they can finish the game, and play a few more innings, I struggle with trying to simply understand what we are playing for. A trophy? A permanent place to reside for eternity?. I don't understand.

And then as yesterday came and passed, suddenly, I find out a friend, a long time classmate from 60 years ago, someone who was giving so much to the world, so much to the community, is erased from the surface of the earth in a split second.

I want to be able to push my finger into the piece of chocolate I have chosen out of the box in order to see what I might get. Will it be the dreaded coconut or the delicious caramel. I want to know.

I guess all of this is a wake-up call for me. I need to get things crossed off my list. Add new things to my list and most of all, enjoy the moment. Enjoy the piece of chocolate given me and even if it has a bit of coconut in it...it's still covered with chocolate.






No comments: