Jul 4, 2006

3:30 A.M.....Nothing changes except the date

It's been almost a year now since my awakening hour was supposed to change from 1:00 AM to what is considered normal, maybe 6:00 or 7:00 AM. No such luck. Old habits are hard to break. Regardless, I do enjoy the early morning hours. I have a chance to scan the headlines across the country and report all of the overnight news to the one who "promised to love, honor and drowsily begin posting to her Ebay store " before the sun begins to blister our drought ridden north Texas area.
After about an hour of catching up on all of the news from Dallas to Dayton and Kabul to Kenneport and 4 or 5 cigs and two cups of coffee I start to make my blog post for the day. Ah...but it's too late. I have to begin my ritual to prepare for the day's work schedule.
Saturday to Tuesday, it's managing Fountainhead Pools. Wednesday's, it's a full day of maintaining Blue Sky Pool customers. Thursday is installation of salt water conversion systems for my latest venture in the Pool Industry and Friday is an all day assault of the challenges given me as a problem solver for a local celebrity who has hired me to maintain his property. Actually that position is starting to evolve into a several day a week job which puts 9 days into a 7-day week......Hmmmm, and you were wondering where my new blog posts were.
Well, today is the nation's birthday, or more correctly, celebration of said day. Perhaps a day off for me? Nah....not so.
Pattye has opened a new store in Denton, north of Dallas, and today is the grand opening.
Well, at least I made a post for today. It's now only 4:30 AM so I do have a couple of hours to myself. What shall I do?
As my dear departed mother used to say, "if I had my druthers", .....If I had my druthers, I would sit here and write and sit here and write and, smoke a few more cigs, start eating some junk food, have a couple more cups of java and reflect on the news from Dallas to Dayton and Kabul to Kenneport and share my crazed thoughts.
Oops.... I can hear the mockingbird signaling the start of a new day. The frogs (see my previous frogposting ) have started to slow their mating calls and life begins anew.
As Scarlet announced at the end of the great classic, Gone With The Wind, ...."Tomorrow is another day".
Ciao!

No comments: