Dec 29, 2005

"The Saga continues...."

And so the saga continues. Many, many, many changes have occurred since August, when the person who promised to love, honor and share in the expenses decided to take an early retirement from the Dallas Morning News to start her own business. In case you haven't followed the blog over the past year, Pattye opened a Antiques and Collectible store in Plano. It has been quite a learning experience for both of us and we feel like we have made a lot of strides and have turned a corner towards success in this market.
With the recent addition of her on-line Ebay store, Gathering Eggs, you will be able to see some of the many beautiful pieces she has acquired and now has listed. Follow the above link over there and I think you will be very impressed. Oh, and don't be afraid to buy something while you are there also!

My journey also has had some twists and changes as well.
In early November, I was offered a position as a Department Head with the "Big Orange Home Improvement company". Man, what an experience, particularly during the holiday season.
I am going to reserve some of my comments for a later time about what I have learned during these past two months. Many have to do with how incredibly rude people can be.....but that is for later.

The good news is that my situation has also turned a corner.
During this interim I came in contact with a well-known, well-respected and well-established swimming pool building and remodeling company that has offered me a position as their Retail Store Manager. And so with no trepidation, I have accepted and will be hanging up my Orange apron effective January 1.
Fountainhead Pools, will be my final stop in my long journey of employment. I am absolutely thrilled for the opportunity to work for a excellent team and develop their retail business to greater heights.
And so life continues.... which brings me to this point in the blog where I usually have something witty and philosophical to add.
You never know what looms around the corner waiting for you. Sometimes when you have doubts about where your next step will take you, all you can do is have faith, rely on your instincts and believe in yourself. And, most of all have, if you are as fortunate as Pattye and I, a trusted companion who believes in you and supports you in your decisions.
We are really blessed to have such great interaction between us.
Often, I remember the words her father read to us some 19 years ago when he performed our wedding ceremony.
From 1st Corinthians 13:13, he spoke of Faith, Hope and Love , the greatest of these is love. Yes, we have all three and they have allowed our saga to continue......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are gone from the orange company, I can not see you happy there.

Have great fun in the New Year!

Anonymous said...

Ah - there is life after _ _ _ _! I knew it, and now you and Pattye have proved it. I am very pleased for both of you.