Nov 8, 2005

"Well.......It's either too much or not enough"


Update - Richardson, TX.

For all of my faithful following I thought I would bring you up-to-date on the comings and goings around here.
Pattye continues to build Gathering Eggs both at the store and on-line with EBay. We have gotten to know the UPS delivery person quite well and as soon as I hear the slow rumbling of the engine as he/she pulls up to the front of the house I am at the door waiting to receive our valuable inventory for the day. On the other side of the balance sheet Pattye makes daily deliveries to the Post Office with packages destined for as far away as France and England and of course the U.S.. She really is enjoying her new career and I am really enjoying watching her and helping in her new career.
My new endeavors have gotten off to a great start as well.
I have been asked to write a guest column for the Richardson section of the Dallas Morning News. Apparently the editor likes my style and would like to use my musings, with some localization, for the weekly publication. The first installment will appear in Nov. 12th's edition. It's not much but it's a start and am happy to get back into the business. Yes, I realize in the past I have waged some criticism of the newspaper; however, it was never with the editorial side, only some of the circulation woes that were happening.
And with that, I also have gotten what my kids always used to call "a real job". I have been hired as a Department Supervisor of a nationally known chain of home improvement stores that feature bright orange colors.
Plus, it looks like I will be able to keep my customers with my swimming pool business, Blue Sky Pool Service, as well.
Hey, there's 24 hours in a day, and if you know me, I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, I still get up about 1:30 AM and you can get a lot done at that time in the morning.
So all is well here. I'm no longer under foot at home and I am getting a chance to write again.
So, I guess if I have to choose either too much or not enough......I'll go with the too much. It's a whole lot more fun.

No comments: