Jan 5, 2005

"Someday you're not coming down"

A friend of mine recently had his first book published. Dick Albershardt, best friend of my late best friend, Bill Hudson, sends along a note that his new book"Someday you're not coming down" , a recollection of his years of entertaining people from the Ed Sullivan show to visiting the troops in Vietnam along with Bob Hope.
"Dreaming to either be a professional athlete or a performer in show business, Dick Albershardt (a.k.a. Dick Albers) found his trampoline the perfect vehicle for this unusual combination while performing in 49 states and 30 countries around the world."
Dick and I got to know each other when he came to Richardson to spend time during Bill's last days a couple of years ago. When he found out about Bill's terminal illness, he drove across the country to help Bill and all of us through a very difficult time. A true friend indeed.
If the book is as entertaining as Dick is in person, it is sure to be a best seller. I'm ordering my copy now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello all,
I recieved this book in the mail, and I have to admit, it sat on the bookshelf for quite a while. One day, during the last month of my junior year of highschool, I was in a huge argument with my mother, about my turning down a full-scholarship to a university for swimming, to pursue my career in acting, which ultimately resulted in beginning my "Adult" life. Having to move out on my own (one week after my 18th birthday) I grabbed all of my posessions, including this book. After opening it, it did not escape my vision until the last page had been turned. This book, solidified in my mind, the most glorious thought that could be thought. That true happiness comes from following your dream. Following your HEART, even though your senses and MIND might tell you something else. "Dick Albers" is one of few people that are lucky enough to expirience the feeling of having a dream, following it, and ultimately making it come true. Anyone who can follow their dreams, no matter what brings them down, ANYONE who can perservere long enough to see their dream through, is a role model to the rest of society. From this book I learned alot, and found alot of similarities between myself, and the author. Whether YOUR dream is to become a better father or mother, or if its to become an astronaut or doctor, firefighter or actor, ANYONE can relate to this piece of literature. Therefore, I recommend this to any reader. Anyone who has goals they want to accomplish. Everyone can benefit from this grade- A read.

So get inspired to follow YOUR dream. It really will be the start of a new beginning*