Jan 24, 2005

"Interesting Morning"

Had an interesting morning on Sunday. Around noon about 50 birds swooped down on a couple of yaupon holly bushes in our yard and proceeded to devour all of the berries in a matter of minutes. We had never seen this type of bird before, so I got on the Net and started searching and still couldn't identify the visitors. I then logged into this great bird identifier site and joined a forum and in a matter of minutes received a reply. Also, I received a reply from Chuck Hagner , editor of Birder's World with the same answer.
I'll let any of you try and figure out the name of these rather beautiful birds. If you figure it out leave me a post in the comments section.
I also think I have found a new hobby!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bird is called the swallow.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It looks like a cedar waxwing to me.