Mar 18, 2018

So many topics...so little time


Gosh, where do I begin. My head-brain is just racing with so many subjects it's hard to prioritize. I mean, I like my manic state and once I get it under control, well then I can produce a lot of inspirational thoughts, at least to me that is, until that ugly cloud of insecurity blows in over my being and I end up deleting half the stuff I put up.

First thing on my mind has to do with purple chickens, green ducks and pink rabbits. No, I haven't fallen off the wagon, it's just that it's gettin' near Easter time and well, you know how we have forgotten about the meaning of Easter for the most part and we focus on the secondary reasons such as candy, chocolate bunnies getting their heads bitten off and the poor little barnyard animals that some people think is a good thing to spray paint some iridescent color and offer them for sale.

OK, I confess, I got a purple chicken one Easter. Of course I didn't get my Mom or Dad to buy it for me because they had better sense than that. I bought it myself. It was pretty neat for awhile and I kept it out in the garage until it started to shed the purple feathers and started to bulk up. Dad thought it might be time to "take it to the farm" so it would have a good life out in the country. Yeah, right. I saw that chicken a couple of weeks later at my Grandma's house out in the back yard and it had grown huge. Next time I went to visit it had disappeared I'm sure into a plate of fried chicken.

The next thing on my mind is the recent passing of Stephen Hawking. Though controversial with his interpretation of how the universe began there is no denying that someone like Stephen only comes around once every so many hundred years. I really look forward to hearing from him soon and I'm sure he will be contacting me/us. The irony of Stephen's life is that he didn't need a physical body to produce the incredible theories and mind-blowing suggestions that he offered. He did it while his mind was trapped in a twisted horrible shell of flesh and bone. But that was ok, we didn't judge him on his appearance, we saw in fact an incredible human being. It's a shame we can't do that more often with the people we see and meet.

Thirdly, this morning Pattye and I were talking and I asked her a question while I was having a brain "fart". I said, "What was it that the Tin Man wanted in the Wizard of Oz?". She looked at me a little surprised by the question and answered correctly. "He wanted a Heart." And then I followed up with, "Oh yeah, and the Scarecrow wanted a Brain and the Lion wanted Courage". She then said to me, "What did Dorothy want?" I answered so quickly, I was almost like a school kid raising their hand shouting "I know, I know".

And then I blurted out "Shoes". Well, she kinda laughed, then I kinda laughed and then I thought, "Man am I a dumbass or what".

And then finally, after thinking about Stephen Hawking some more I began to wonder as I often do about why God allows mistakes to happen. Of course, Stephen wasn't a mistake, it's just that his body turned out to be a crappy one. But he had a beautiful mind. It's kinda how God makes artichoke hearts. Those outside leaves are horrible and you have to pull them through your teeth in order to get just a taste of the delicious flesh until you finally get down to the heart.

I still question His design on avacadoes, but once again, despite the large seed, the flesh is so wonderful. I just wish there was more meat and less seed.

There are so many of God's creations that I'm still trying to figure out. I keep working on it though. It's just those dang purple chickens that I keep seeing that gets me sidetracked.

Oh, and in the coming weeks, lets try to remember the real reason we celebrate the upcoming holidays of Easter and Passover it will do all of us some good.







No comments: