Oct 28, 2016

It's all about the journey....umm kinda

I've been working around water professionally for over 25 years ever since Pattye and I started Blue Sky Pools back in 1989. I've seen thousand of pools from simple little wading pools to mind-blowing $200,000 two and three tiered vanishing edge pools.

I've seen  thousands of ponds with elaborate lighting features and waterfalls that give you the illusion you are in the  middle of the Amazon.

Even our side yard, which often times for most people, is an unused piece of property, is a series of waterfalls and catch basins with beautiful goldfish swimming lazily year round. You can see some of it here. Pond

All this being said, I wanted to start adding even more water features and designs.

I've seen flowing-water urns before and I even recently joined Pinterest to find out as much as I could to start developing my own design. And even provide friends and consumers with simple DIY instructions.

I've made about 10 visits to Home Depot and Loews in the last two weeks. I've gathered parts and pieces, tried different flowing techniques, looked at different pieces of pottery.

I did everything right until yesterday.

I had finally found a way to get a perfect tight seal on our newly purchased ($125.00) urn. One that stood about 3 feet tall. I changed pump sizes to get even a higher flowing fountain. Everything was right. UNTIL...I tried to make a few changes and center the urn and level it just a little bit more.

It fell. It broke. I was mad, sad, pissed, and kinda broken just like that dang pot. I should have emptied it before I moved it. Yep, my bad.

I'll start over again. I've learned more about hydraulics in the past week than I really needed. But things will be fine....

I just had to remember...It's all about the journey...not the destination.


No comments: