May 12, 2012

A Mothers Day Message



Hi Mom. 

Happy Mother's Day...I know. I know....I don't call enough....I'm sorry....Yes, I know you like hearing from me and yes, I agree, calling you on Mother's Day is like going to church once a year on Easter.

Dave. Me, Mom and Ricky
So...how are you feeling?.....I know you don't have any pain any more and for that I'm happy. And, I know you get to see Dad everyday now. I'm sure he's enjoyin' himself and probably reading and taking naps whenever he wants to. 

I'm sure you and Ruth Dilts talk everyday now, just like you did for practically every day of your lives.  I can't believe you find new things to talk about each day.

Things are okay in Dallas, but I hear and read the landscape is changing in Dayton.....Fairview and Colonel White are now gone and they're tearing down Julienne as well. Loos is gone too but Our Lady of Mercy is still there....Shawen Acres is soon to be nothing but rubble. We did save the stained glass windows at Fairview High School  that you commented on one time. I guess I never noticed them at the time while going to school.

Dave's feeling a lot better ever since his what he likes to refer to as a heart  "incident" and Ricky finally has that little grandbaby he has always wanted and  I know he'll be a great grandpa. I know he misses Ann, but I know you are taking care of her there with you.

I still take it a day at a time and I finally went to the doctor and got a pretty good report. I finally gave up smoking after 50 some years and I kinda watch what I eat.
I'm working hard to finish my book......yes, I know some of the stories are a little embarrassing...but heck, I think people will enjoy them.

Say "Hi" to "The Jer" for me and Eddie. Eddie reminds me each day of some of the crazy things we did growing up and I know you prayed every night I would come home safe. I guess God heard your prayers. 

I miss you and think of you daily. Several of my friends have been joining you these past few years and I know you watch out for them. 

I'm stayin' out of trouble for the most part and I kinda try to be a good person like you taught me to do. 

I love you, Mom,
Tommy

No comments: