Feb 1, 2006

Confusion over hiatus


Not to be confused with "Moon over Miami" (great movie BTW with Don Ameche and Betty Grable) but the confusion over my "Hiatus" blog obviously needs a little bit more tweeking.
The person who promised to love, honor and have me carry her bags, and I just returned from a beautiful trip around the world.
We had a chance to see and visit such great places including Mayan temples in South America and rain forests in Borneo. Although, I considered myself to be in pretty good shape, I must admit that I did tire a little easily after making that trek up all of those teeny, tiny steps.
It was beautiful and we were able to purchase little stone souvenirs for all of our friends. Trouble was the weight exceeded our limits so we had to leave them behind.
Next on our world-wide tour was a trip to the South Pole. As you can see in the picture I have grayed a little bit during the past year. I had a chance to plant a flag at the furthest southern point of the earth (all part of the package deal which included Mai Tai's with umbrellas, although we ordered the non-alcoholic version).


From the South Pole, we took an excrutiating flight to Australia. Here we had a chance to play with some Koala bears and feed the kangaroos. For $10.00 you could get in the ring and box one of these lively fellows.

Needless to say, I took up the offer and actually did quite well.
The little "buggers" do offer quite a scrap though and I had to give up a visit to the Great Barrier Reef to nurse a black eye that I received when the marsupial snuck one in on me when I wasn't looking.
We decided to take a trip "Outback" and we ate lunch with a couple of Aborigine's. We dined on fried alligator, I thought it tasted quite like chicken and Pattye spent the night playing the digereedoo. Her years of playing the piano came in quite handy allowing her to master the instrument in record time.
Next on the trip was a walk down the "Great Wall of China".


The entire wall or rather the walkway was covered with a blanket of snow and those little fellows would get out each morning with their little hand-made brooms and sweep the walkway from one end to another. We dined on some roasted meat that we were not able to fully understand the Chinese translation let alone read the menu. It tasted like chicken to me. I did get a French name for it though in case anyone has the time to look it up. In French they call it chien.
Well, seeing that I have drug you this far into our vacation. I guess I am getting probably as bored as you are and I guess it is time to say goodbye at least for now. I'll probably post some pictures later on so you can see where I stopped and talked with the Pope in Italy and actually had a visit with Queen Mum over in England.
I did have a chance to meet a fellow American along the way. His name was Walter Mitty and he sends his regards to those who can remember him.

Au revoir for now!!

Oh yeah, I hope this explains my blog about the Hiatus and how I left some of you confused. Anyway, I (we) are back now and I will continue to keep blogging and I hope you enjoy my misguided trip through life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know you are crazy!!
Nice pic of Clive Cussler in the South Pole.

Tom Kender said...

OK. Maybe the South Pole story isn't true, but I did box a kangaroo in Australia, well, kinda. Well, it really wasn't a kangaroo and it wasn't really in Australia, but I did go to a boxing lesson when I was about 10 at the YMCA in Dayton, Ohio and I had to ride the city bus to get there!!