Jul 3, 2005

"One of the reasons I enjoy blogging"

Got a little freaked out when I saw the first day returns on the recent "Whatever happened to a handshake..... blog. Apparently it got picked up in a "feed" and had the highest number of so-far recorded hits. But that's not the reason I blog. I blog because it has brought me into contact with friends from my past. I've mentioned several previously, but a close friend and the sister of my best friend, recently e-mailed me after she caught my blog.
Delilah Shank, who we affectionately called, Deedles, said "Hi", and sent along a couple of pictures. Now you tell me, couldn't this be an ad for one of those mother/daughter commercials?
Delilah has had a long career in the entertainment business and is starting a new career teaching in the Los Angles area.
She reminded me of some old times back at Fairview High School in Dayton, Ohio and said she remembered me as the skinny kid who used to make everyone laugh.
Well, at least I can still make people laugh, I don't know about that skinny part though!
Great talking to you, Deedles

No comments: