Nov 5, 2019

Your attitude is what makes life exciting....



I promise not to keep you long, and even if I do lose you on this post, just know that you will always be able to find me here and I'm always happy to just hang out with you. Now that my eyes are focused and my mind is clear, I feel like I am digging really deep into my soul and I hope I am helping some of you find your way. I know now this has always been my destiny and I am taking every waking moment to teach and help others through my writings....

That all being said, let's see how this will play out.

As some of you know, I started taking piano lessons almost five months ago. It was a passion when I started and it continues to be the same today. But something changed today and I wanted to share it with you.

Any of you who have taken any kind of training whether it be musical or crafts or singing, virtually anything requiring an instructor to teach you, and I guess that probably includes all of us, then you know how sometimes it can be a struggle. Learning the correct fingering for the piano keys, learning the correct route to run as a wide receiver. Learning how to take the perfect photograph.

Sometimes the lessons are hard, sometimes they are harder than hard and sometimes, well, we just seem to breeze through them. But it's not the lessons that are difficult or easy, it's our attitude as we approach the task.

Why is it that we make our lives so difficult by just not having the right positive attitude.

If your kids have played sports, team sports specifically, have you ever noticed how the coach will get the entire team on the same page, chanting and rocking back and forth until the team is in a frenzy and screaming waiting to get onto the field of play.

Or how about a tennis player who will have that loud discernible talk with themselves after they scored a winning point or possibly lost a point.

The illustrations are numerous, hundreds for each sporting and non-sporting event in our lives.

But what about about daily chores or even something as simple as a piano lesson?

Today, I went in all fired up. Wanting to learn. Wanting to please myself. Wanting to please my teacher. Wanting to be a real pianist. And you know what happened? I played better than I have played during these long arduous months. The time flew by. I wanted more and more and more.

But the lesson didn't get easier today. It was just as difficult as last weeks and the week before. But my attitude was so powerful. I came home and immediately practiced and then I thought, "I need to share this with all of you." I needed to tell you that the answers to all of your problems are right before you.

Open your minds. Clear out the cobwebs. Regain your spiritual lives. Life is the greatest gift we have ever been given and I beg you to finds those embers that are still in your soul and bring them out into your heart and get that fire a burnin' before it's too late. Don't let a traumatic event be the catalyst to change your outlook. You're much too smart and too wonderful of a person to let life pass you by.

As always, I offer you peace and now I offer you hope as well.

And Faith.

No comments: